11.11.2005

Two things: Cops and spandex

Last night at wildwood we had a dodgeball tournament! It was pretty fun. My team ended up tying for 3rd place. Not too shabby eh.


So after the tourney a few of us went over to IHOP for some dinner. During dinner Jessica and I decided that since she got her learners permit that I should teach her how to drive a standard. So in some random neighborhood we swapped seats. She did really well for someone who barely knows how to drive. Actually she did well for a while, then somehow she managed to kill the truck when we were making a turn. So for about the next five minutes she worked on getting the truck started and moving again.


Three things I failed to realize:
1. When the truck died, the headlights were pointing straight at someone's house.
2. It was well after midnight when all this happened.
3. People call the cops when loud trucks sit in front of their house for several minutes after midnight.


Finally she got the truck started and moving again and we made it to the end of the street. We sat at the stop sign, I looked over and saw headlights coming our way. Jokingly I said "Oh no It's the cops!" Jessica didn't think this was funny. The police car pulled up and for what seemed like an eternity sat next to us. Finally he pulled away. We then pulled the truck around the corner, quickly switched places and got out of that neighborhood.


So I learned a couple of things last night:
1. If you are going to teach someone how to drive a standard, don't do it after midnight.
2. Don't sit there with your headlights pointed at someone's house after midnight, they might call the cops.
3. Wearing spandex shorts while playing in a big dodgeball tournament is fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric L Robinson said...

Now paintball is some fun stuff. I got the chance to play a couple of weeks ago. It was a blast. I had the chance to make a couple of $$ as well. I was offered $4 to play the last game without my shirt on. I almost accepted, but then realized how painful that would have been. So I chickened out.

14.11.05  
Blogger frisbeegurl said...

Hey Eric! Wow you sound like you and Jessica had quite a bit of an adventure there... Nice.. Anyway, dodgeball was great, but I don't think the spandex shorts thing is such a good idea haha..

16.11.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home