2.24.2005

Nothing

I have always hated going to a blog and reading posts about absolutely nothing. Hearing things like "well nothing has changed since last time I posted" or "My life is boring and so I have nothing new to say", just bug the snot out of me. So I kind of have a silent pact with myself to never sink to that level. Telling people absolutely nothing just seems pointless.

Here is my attempt at just a little bit more than nothing.

I was thinking the other day about religion, Christianity in particular. Before you put on your Sunday school ears and tune me out or say "im not saved forget this hippie im getting some icecream", please listen and see if you agree at any level. It seems that the ultimate goal of a typical Oklahoma Christian is to get the unsaved to church. "Gotta get me some sinners to church". I've always kind of felt like I wasn't quite cutting it as a Christian because it was never one of my priorities to get people to come to church. And as I was thinking about it I realized that this was completely uncouth. (I learned the word uncouth from strongbad! www.homestarrunner.com) Being like Christ should be our ultimate goal right? I mean come on, the meaning of the word "Christian" is "Little Christ". So tell me did we ever see once in the Bible where Jesus said "Hay you, your not saved, why don't you come to church with me?". If im wrong let me know and I'll buy you a coke. From what I know about Jesus in the Bible all He did was walk around tellin people about God and Himself. Is there something I'm missing, or are we just supposed to show people the awesome love of Christ and share the word with them?

Maybe it is just me, but I felt that I had the mentality that if you didn't bring people to church you were a bad Christian, or you just didn't care about God.

The bottom line is people need to know the love of Christ, and of his saving grace. I need to hear it constantly, or I forget and fall back into the same ole fleshly rut. What can we do differently, what should we do differently.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally agree...going on the idea of just bringing people to church: it's not just get them saved; once they are saved, they need to be discipled....churches today need to step up to the plate and not just teach the same things over and over again from the pulpit, but instead, they need to step down and disciple (build relationships that encourage, guide, and mentor) with those in the church....sorry for the rant, but i totally agree.....it's encouraging to read your thoughts....

24.2.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thoughts on your part and I must say I agree with Kel.

26.2.05  
Blogger Kennethboyd said...

wow! thats deep

23.11.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home