3.18.2005

And now for something completely different.

I was sitting here at work thinking. Why do I seem to just "exist" while in the workplace? I dread the days I have to be at work all day. I constantly watch the clock longing for the seconds to go by faster. I think how great it will be to get off work (especially on fridays).

You are probably thinking "that's how everyone is". Well maybe so, but I do not want this for myself. Living with this mindset is a tremendous waste of time. How many full days in someone's life will they spend working? The majority of your life will be spent on the clock. If I end up going through the rest of my life just watching the seconds go by on the clock, I might as well have not lived at all. Nothing can be accomplished mentally, physically or spiritually sitting there watching the seconds go by.

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with this attitude. As a believer in Christ I am to live like Christ. Now I'm not saying to quit your job and go spend the rest of your life like nomadic hippies. You must make use of your time no matter where you are or what you are doing. God puts us places for a reason. For the time being if where you are is hard and seems unfruitful, bear with it. Whether you are flipping burgers or signing a big contract for a big sardine company, do something with the time. If anything you can pray. The simplest, most powerful and most ignored thing that we could do.

I need constant reminder that I am where I am for a reason. I am being put through trials and temptations for a reason. If this is where I am for the rest of my life, great.

If it seems like I am preaching, It's because I am. I'm preaching to myself.

I guess the moral of the story is I have wasted a lot of time, and I need a change.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i needed that.

20.3.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the challenge...it's right where I'm at. I appreciate you!

21.3.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home