3.23.2005

Lots of stuff

I was in walmart tonight with my friend kurt looking through the super mega movie deal bin. After almost 30 minutes of continuous digging (At one point I almost fell in) one of the 40+ year old lady walmart workers comes up to me and says "are you having fun". I let her know that I was having a time of my life scouring through bad movie after bad movie. She than told me "I have a cashier that is in love with you". In that awkward where the heck did this lady come from moment I kinda mumbled a couple of nonsense words. She then began to inform me that I should go talk to the girl and get her number. Then the walmart worker lady told me that was over in the self checkout lanes.

Needless to say kurt and I quickly made our way to the opposite side of walmart to escape the eyes of the old lady and girl. We couldn't help but notice that as soon as we left we were being followed around by various workers. They seemed to periodically radio in to notify the girl of where we were. I'm not quite sure if it was my long shaggy falling out hair, my big belly or my sagging pants (the sagging pants are due to the big belly, every time I pull the pants up my stomach just yanks them right back down).

I had a feeling that all of my blogpeeps might enjoy that story.

On a more serious note I just figured that I would let you all know that God is awesome. No matter how Unfaithful I have been, He is there. My reason for revelation is from tonight when I was on my way home after the whole "women of walmart" thing. I was on my way home listening to some nice Zao, and for some reason it felt like everything was kinda caving in. All of the pressure from spiritual battles that I had been losing were just overwhelming me. I felt like I could not go on another step, that I wasn't worthy to go on another step. I just screamed out for Christ to save me from this turmoil, give me piece for just a moment from everything. And He did. He is there and willing to listen. God wants a Relationship with us. And sometimes it takes something breaking us to snap us out of the routine, so that we can look up and say "Help me daddy, I can't do it alone".
God bless,
Monk aka "The one the walmart ladies love"
P.S. Just so you all know the walmart ladies actually scare me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminded me of this I found on College Humor:
Wal-Mart Dating

10.4.05  
Blogger Kennethboyd said...

wal mart dating
hmmmm
i guess it could work

23.11.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home