7.28.2005

God

I want you all to know that CIY is awesome. I don't know if it was the cafeteria food that made McDonalds taste like heaven, getting hit in the hind quarters by a rubber band ball that is going 90mph, having light saber fights during dinner, doing the worm in the middle isle after communion or just spending tons of quality time with my youth group. But CIY rocks.


What is CIY? CIY stands for Christ In Youth. It is a week long conference where you just get pumped full of Jesus basically. There are all kinds of classes to take, and tons of worship. By tons of worship I mean we sang a lot.


It is awesome to see what God does to you. Its great when it isn't just one of those camp "high's". Actually God did the majority of work in me the day after we got back. For the first time in my life, that night God brought me to a realization that I cannot do it alone. God broke me spiritually. He reminded me that He is there and he is real no matter how far away I might drag myself from Him. God is Real.


And now for something completely different.


A duck walks into a bar and says "hay bartender do you have any grapes?"
The bartender replied "No. Now get out of here you stupid duck!"
The duck left the bar
.. the next day...
The duck walks back into the bar and says "hay bartender do you have any grapes?"
The bartender said "I told you yesterday, No I don't have any grapes. If you ask me again im going to nail your webbed feet to the floor!"
The duck left again
...the next day...
The duck came back to the bar again and said "hay bartender do you have any nails?"
The bartender said "No"
The duck replied with "well do you have any grapes?"

7 Comments:

Blogger frisbeegurl said...

Eric I am truly glad you got to go to CIY And I am even more happy that God taught you so much!! Eric I love you alot.. and I just want you to know.. that I don't think I could EVER have a brother as awesome and caring as you.. Thanks for being there for me!!

30.7.05  
Blogger T.Beck said...

Dude, the whole CIY thing sounds awesome. Just saw a fellow believer on here and thought I'd write. Check out http://hisson1083.blogspot.com when you get a chance.

1.8.05  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yeah... CIY rocks! Sara was right... your description of it was very good. I'm so glad it was so awesome for you this year!

Rachel

2.8.05  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh and by the way... I think you already told me that joke... ha, ha. I bet you can just hear me laughing even through your computer. Yeah.

Seriously, I probably did laugh the first time... I think most of yours and Stephen's and Chris' jokes are funny, actually!

2.8.05  
Blogger Eric L Robinson said...

w00t. Thats awsome. Sometimes I wonder if I am the only one that thinks my jokes are funny.

2.8.05  
Blogger Kennethboyd said...

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


!!!splat!!!



oooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!




(Gabe)aaaaah hhhaaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaa 80 bucks!!

23.11.05  
Blogger Kennethboyd said...

i still have the rock by the way

23.11.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home